Please join us on Friday, 15. January 2016 at the Wesley United Methodist Church. We will be in room 129 from 4pm to 6pm. (Park and enter at the farthest side entrance, which faces north into an EIU parking lot. There will be a sign on the door.)
The focus of this meeting will be babywearing.
Not only is it extremely convenient and fun to wear Baby, but it also encourages a healthy breastfeeding relationship! We will talk about the many benefits of babywearing, as well as the many types. Experienced babywearing parents: bring your favorite carrier to demonstrate, and your favorite tips and stories to share!
Please also bring any general breastfeeding questions or concerns you may have. Our weekly meetings are a haven for breastfeeding families, where we can boast and vent, laugh and cry, and learn from each other’s successes and troubles. Always come with your mind and your ears open!
Here are some links related to this topic:
- Why Babies Need to be Carried and Held (LLLI)
- Evolutionary Parenting articles:
- Wearing Your Baby (Breastfeeding USA)
- Why I Wear My Daughter — Because You Asked (Girl of Cardigan)
Benefits of babywearing vs. carseat carrying (Onya Baby)
- Leaving infants in buggies ‘may cause long term harm’ (The Telegraph)
- Informative PDF downloads from School of Babywearing:
- Avoid These Common Babywearing Mistakes (The Leaky Boob)
- Real Men Wear Babies (Peaceful Parenting)
- Fathers Wearing Babies (Ask Dr. Sears)